Please complete the Scholarship Application and send in your packet to Delta Tech. As part of this application process, each applicant must meet with an Admissions Representative for a formal interview prior to the deadline. Interviews will be scheduled upon receipt of the scholarship application packet. The application and criteria can be found below:
Career Starter High School Graduate Scholarship Criteria
- All high school graduates are eligible to apply for this scholarship at Delta Tech. In addition to submitting a scholarship application packet as outlined below, each applicant must meet with an admissions representative for a formal interview.
- Scholarship recipients must use their award no later than 12 months after their official high school graduation date. For example, if the graduation date is in May, the scholarship recipient would be eligible to start school and use their award no later than the following May. Scholarship awards not utilized during this period would become void, and the graduate would no longer be eligible to make future application.
- Scholarship application packets should be delivered to the Delta Tech Administration Building at 517 Broad Street, Lake Charles Louisiana, 70601.
- There will be a limited number of scholarships awarded each year. Once all available scholarships have been awarded, applicants will be informed at the time of application.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified within 10 days from the date their application was received of the pending scholarship award status.
- Scholarship recipients may select any Associate in Occupational Studies Degree Program or Specialized Diploma Program and will receive a 50% tuition credit applied to the chosen program.
- Scholarship recipients will be responsible for the cost of books, lab fees, registration fees and for the 50% remaining tuition not covered by their scholarship. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
- Scholarship applications packets should be assembled in a portfolio binder and must contain the following:
- High School transcript.
- One color photograph of the applicant.
- One letter of reference from anyone outside of the high school.
- One letter of reference from employer, if currently employed.
- A completed Delta Tech scholarship application data sheet.
- Typed essay from applicant outlining their career goals.
- Any additional information the applicant would like considered.